We all are aware of the mind frame people have while suffering from cancer. This situation will bring us to our knees and give us the worst jitters we will ever experience. That’s the reason we rush to the best Cancer Clinic in Punjab for the best solutions.
But here in this article, we will discuss the power of a good immune system during this tough time. We will see how Immunotherapy is helpful in treating cancer.
What is Immunotherapy?
It is a treatment procedure for cancer patients. In this method, the body’s immune system is used to find and destroy cancer cells. It is used to identify intruders like cancerous cells and kill them.
Immunotherapy boosts your immune system for the purpose mentioned above. This treatment has helped many cancer patients live longer. There are drugs in the development stage based on immunotherapy to boost people’s fight against cancer.
How Does It Work?
As per the best Cancer Doctor in Ludhiana, it is the duty of our immune system to keep intruders that cause infections out of our body. But cancer cells sometimes go undetected and dodge checkpoints as they are derived from our body’s own cells.
Here are the best ways how this method works:
- Checkpoint Inhibitors: this drug blocks certain proteins on the surface of immune or cancer cells. These proteins then regulate the immune response to let the system recognise, identify and attack these cancerous cells.
- CAR T-Cell Therapy: Chimeric Antigen Receptor T-cell therapy is used to modify the patient’s T-cells genetically to let the receptors know about certain proteins on the surfaces of these carcinogenic cells. This treatment is proven to be effective in blood cancer treatment.
- Cytokines: They are the signaling molecules helpful in the regulation of immune response. They are proven to be effective in boosting the immune system’s response to cancer by activating and enhancing its functioning to create an anti-cancer response.
- Cancer Vaccines: Doctors have designed vaccines that stimulate the immune system and attack these cells. These vaccines use some elements of the patient’s own cancer cells to trigger the immune response against this disease.
- Monoclonal Antibodies: these are the proteins made in laboratories that can specifically target cancer cells. They help the immune system in blocking cancer growth and marking the cells to destroy them. They even supply toxic substances to these cells, leading to their destruction.
- Adoptive Cell Therapy: In this method, immune cells are removed from the body, reactivated in the lab and then infused back to target and attack the cancer cells more effectively.
- Immune Checkpoint Regulators: These are other types of checkpoint regulators that are useful in regulating the immune response in a more beneficial way to attack and destroy these cells.
These are the ways immunotherapy works for cancer treatments. However, we need to keep in mind that these techniques are specifically created for various types of cancers that you can come across.
Hence, you can decide the method you need to get the best results and relief from this deadly condition.